Before we go any further, I’m going to assume that you’ve got the following
- You’re running some flavor of Linux or Mac (untested) as your desktop OS.
- You’ve got Django 1.4 installed somewhere (inside a virtualenv, preferably).
- You have an Amazon Web Services account. This is
required if you want to use our production deployment tools. If you don’t
want to run your code in production, don’t worry about it.
- You have a Heroku account. Heroku is the best
python web host on the internet. If you’d like to deploy your site to
production, having an account there will be extremely useful.
- You have the Heroku toolbelt installed.
This only applies to you if you plan on deploying your stuff to production
(same as the above).